Sunday 1 October 2017

S1710 - Christmas Tunes Stamp of the Month Australasian Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our S1710 - Christmas Tunes Stamp of the Month Australasian Blog Hop. If you have arrived from Wendy's blog, then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, welcome! Please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Today, I would like to share with you some artwork that features the Close To My Heart October Stamp of the Month. This stamp set is great for both cards and scrapbooking pages. 



For this layout, I used the NEW Make It From Your Heart 'How To' Pattern book - Pattern #7 (on page 18) for my inspiration. The NEW Colour of the Year - Bashful looks so good with the neutral colours in the Silver and Gold Paper pack, so I paired them for my layout. I added some Bashful Glitter paper for the title - using the NEW I {heart} Christmas Thin Cuts set. I used the Christmas tree image from the Christmas Tunes stamp set (S1710) and stamped it with Versamark ink than added Silver Embossing Powder. For me, the background was too "white" so I added some stars from C1688 - The First Noel stamp set in Bashful. Then to finish off the page, I added some Whisper Twine. I love how the page came together!


And of course, I had to make some cards using this fabulous stamp set.




For this card, I simply stamped the "wreath" onto White Daisy Cardstock using the Fern Ink Pad. Then I stamped the "ribbon" & "bow" using Cranberry ink then cut them out using the Fine Tip Scissors and added them to the card using Thin 3D Foam Tape. To finish off the card, I matted the White Daisy piece using Cranberry Cardstock. 
I used Bashful & Pewter to stamp this card and Bashful cardstock to mat it. And for the wreath, I used my Cricut machine to cut the circle. The ribbon and bow were cut using my fine tip scissors.


This card is similar to the one above - with a smaller mat and the wreath stamped using the Fern ink pad. I also added the Clear Shimmer Brush to the bow and ribbon. 


 Like many Christmas stamp sets, there is a reference to "cold" or "snow" which doesn't really suit our climate here in Australia. So I cut the sentiment from the snow globe to make it easier to use. I then stamped some of the little critters from the D1751 - Punny Pals Stamp set and the Santa Hat from Z4047 - Beary Christmas Scrapbooking Stamp & Thin Cuts set and, after colouring them with the ShinHan Markers, added to the snow globe. I cut the "Merry Christmas" from one of the sentiments from the Z4046  - Beary Christmas Cardmaking Stamp & Thin Cuts set and curved it on the block to fit in the snow globe. For the top card, I added Cranberry Cardstock and for the bottom card, I added Bashful cardstock.  

This exclusive Christmas Tunes Stamp Set (S1710) is only available during October.  It can be yours for just $7.50 with a qualifying order of $75.00 or you can get it $27.00 if ordered separately. 

Contact your consultant today to place an order. 

If you do not have a consultant, you can contact me or place an order here!

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Nell to see what gorgeous projects she has created for you.

Come back again soon and see what is NEW and what else I have been creating.

Doreen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great variety of projects.
Your Scrapbook layout is so pretty and I love the idea of cutting out the Baby it's cold outside saying in the globe.

Shaunna Richards said...

Lovely layout Doreen. Cool idea to use the tree for the title. I alos like your cards - nice colour combos.

Doris Taylor said...

The snow globe with the animals inside are so cute

Vandra said...

The layout is divine, Love bashful with grey tones. The Snow Globe cards are amazing!